Detailed description of my Curriculum Vitae
Summary of Curriculum Vitae
- BA, BA (4-year Specialist in Philosophy), Brandon University, Canada (1990/1)
- PG Diploma in Arts (Moral Philosophy), University of St. Andrews, Scotland (1991)
- PhD in Philosophy, Department of Philosophy, University of Glasgow, Scotland (1996)
- M. Ed., Hellenic Open University, Greece (2006)
- OU Course: H812 (Academic Practice); course ends in 2008
- OU Course: H807 (Innovation in e-Learning); course ends in 2008
- Certificate in Teaching via Elluminate (OU Associate Lecturer's Course V2: Dec. 2012)
15 years (10 of which in English speaking Universities, using English as the language of instruction and examination)
Books Published in Greek:
- 4 (one in 2nd revised edition)
Books Published in English:
- 1 (publication date: November 2012); 1 forthcoming.
Papers Published in Refereed Journals and Volumes of Proceedings:
Entries in Encyclopedias of Philosophy
Areas of Specialisation:
Metaphysics, Philosophy of Mind and Language, Ethics, Epistemology, Philosophy and Orthodox Theology.
Areas of Competence:
Philosophy of Law, Aesthetics, Political Philosophy, Environmental Philosophy and Environmental Ethics, Medical Ethics, Business Ethics, Philosophy of Culture and Civilisation, Philosophy of History, Philosophical Practice, Philosophy of Education.
Time periods of competence and specialisation:
Ancient Greek Philosophy, Medieval and Byzantine Philosophy, Contemporary British Analytic and Continental (French, German and Greek) Philosophy.
IT Skills: Website construction and maintenance, competent user of all Microsoft Office and all major e-mail software. Use and creation of VLEs (Moodle, DOKEOS). Use of all major web based teleconferencing and video streaming software (Flashmeeting, Elluminate, Skype, Ustream, Livestream; I have my own channel in Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/user3320886 ).
Fluency in Languages:
Fluency in Languages: English and Greek (excellent). Latin (very good). French and German (competency for research purposes).
Experience in Teaching Methodology:
Experience in traditional University Lectures/Exam work and course preparation (10 years in Scotland, Greece, Italy); experience in Open and Long Distance University Education (8 years in Greece and Scotland). Managing and supporting successfully the IOCS Distance Learning Programme (Certificate and Diploma) (rapid growth and high retention rates from October 2009 till August 2012).
Teaching experience in other than Philosophy University Departments (3 years in Greece and 1 in Italy). Teaching and managing a Distance Learning Programme in Orthodox Theology.
Associate Lecturer, Course: AA308- Thought and Experience- OU- Scotland.
- Award in Supporting Learning from the Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA-UK) (January 2007).
- Open University Tutor VLE Moderators Course (April 2007).
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK) (FHEA) (awarded in July 2007).
- Philosophical and Religious Studies Champion (for contribution to the work of the Higher Education Academy Centre for Philosophical and Religious Studies and support to the teaching and learning in the disciplines of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies in the UK) (awarded in October 2011).